The health of your adrenal glands is absolutely vital to your well-being and overall performance. The adrenal glands play a huge role in producing the hormones we need, particularly during times of stress.
Rigorous training and cardiovascular activity tends to strain the adrenal glands and may prevent them from functioning optimally. Add in the effects of dieting, dehydration, lack of sleep, or any stimulant found in a pre-workout and adrenal function may be drastically impaired, bringing your weight loss to a standstill and shooting your cortisol levels through the roof.
MuscleSport® developed Adrenal Revolution because strong adrenal support is key for athletes at every level. We've crafted a full adrenal support formula that can help reduce adrenal fatigue, minimize stress, and decrease stimulant tolerance.
We accomplished this by using the following key ingredients:
- Ashwagandha Root - An adaptogen, that helps the body deal with physical, emotional, and psychological stressors.
- Vitamin C- A powerful antioxidant that may also reduce cortisol levels and offer other neuroprotective effects.
- Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract - Supports the neurological mechanisms that process stress.
- Tyrosine – A direct precursor to thyroxine and to the neurotransmitters dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine; Tyrosine may lower stress levels and improve overall mood.
The effects of adrenal fatigue can be disastrous if ignored. High levels of fatigue, a weakened immune system, and suppressed hormone production can put a serious damper on your fitness goals.
Adrenal Revolution will help reset your adrenal system and have you performing at your best.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ashwagandha is classified as an adaptogen, meaning it helps the body deal with physical, emotional, and psychological stressors.
- It also shows promise for relieving insomnia and stress-induced bouts of depression.
- Ashwagandha is able to mitigate stress and anxiety by reducing cortisol concentrations and the immunosuppressive effect of stress on the body.
- Ashwagandha can improve the formation of memories and may be able to treat Alzheimer's disease due to its ability to prevent the degradation of brain cells, making the herb a neuroprotectant.
- In a study conducted by Andrade et al. (2000), six weeks supplementation of Ashwagandha in persons with a diagnosed generalized anxiety disorder (mixed anxiety and depression), noted significant improvements in both depression and anxiety symptoms.
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble essential vitamin and powerful anti-oxidant.
- Vitamin C may also reduce cortisol levels, offer neuroprotective effects, and reduce biomarkers of muscle damage.
- Additionally, Vitamin C can provide neuroprotective effects and help preserve testosterone levels.
- Vitamin C also helps the body manufacture collagen, a key protein in our connective tissues, cartilage, and tendons.
- What is lesser known is that vitamin C can increase blood flow by reducing the oxidation of nitric oxide.
- Roohi et al. (2008) found vitamin C before exercise (30 minutes aerobic exercise at 75% VO2 max) was able to reduce oxidation during exercise and markers of muscle damage.
Magnesium is an essential mineral and electrolyte. It is involved in protein synthesis, ATP formation, metabolism of carbohydrates and fats, and bone strength.
- Magnesium deficiencies are the second most common deficiency in developed countries. A lack of magnesium will raise blood pressure and reduce insulin sensitivity.
- Increases in free and total testosterone have been noted in sedentary and athletic populations when supplementing with magnesium supplementation. It also acts as a muscle relaxer and may improve aerobic performance.
- Brilla et al. (1992) discovered 26 untrained subjects who participated in a 7-week strength training program in conjunction with magnesium supplementation were able to increase testosterone relative to baseline.
Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract
Rhodiola Rosea root extract has a wide range of adaptogenic functions, which means it may help you deal with stress and manage its effect on your body.
- One way that Rhodiola may help is by supporting the neurological mechanisms that deal with stress.
- It may also reduce fatigue and exhaustion in prolonged stressful situations.
- Research suggests Rhodiola can have a positive effect on cognition, feelings of well-being, and decrease symptoms of depression.
- A study conducted by Edwards et al. (2012) found Rhodiola extract used twice daily for 4 weeks in persons with life and work-related stress was able to greatly reduce dysfunction and fatigue associated with stress in a time-dependent manner.
Holy Basil Extract
Holy Basil is an ayurvetic herb which has historically been used to treat a variety of general ailments.
- It recently has been shown to hold scientific worth in the areas of liver protection and general anti-oxidant activity as well as being classified as an adaptogen (reducing the effects of stress on the body).
- Bhattacharyya et al. (2008) found holy basil extract was able to reduce anxiety and its related depression/stress over 60 days of supplementation in a population of persons with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD).
Tyrosine’s primary role in the body is as the direct precursor to thyroxine and to the neurotransmitters dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine.
- Dopamine is often associated with the 'reward center' of the brain which means when high levels of it are present, you will most likely experience a sensation of joy, happiness or positive reinforcement.
- Tyrosine is actually less bioavailable in the body during times of heightened stress. If you're constantly worried or experiencing bouts of anxiety, supplementing with Tyrosine may be beneficial to lowering your stress levels and improving your overall mood.
- Relative to placebo, Banderet et al. (1989) found L-Tyrosine was associated with significant improvements in mood, cognitive function, and side-effects associated with acute stressors (cold and altitude) in military personnel.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
There are no return or refund offers available for this product. AMNH is only a supplier and does not participate in production or delivery.
Shipping will be conducted as soon as possible through reputable shipping providers